Congratulations to the National Junior Honor Society members who were newly inducted this year as well as to the returning members. Membership criteria for the organization include scholarship, leadership, service and the highest moral character. Current 6th and 7th graders may turn in an application in May for consideration of membership for the following school year. The members of NJHS have served their community well through volunteerism, fundraising and mentoring since the chapter’s charter in 2006. Recent accomplishments include:
- Making an annual donation to Children's Medical Center through funds raised in a school-wide Teacher Turkey Feather contest
- Volunteering for the "Jog for the Frog", the Cystic Fibrosis Walk and the YMCA Turkey Trot
- Donating over 100 hours of volunteer pet playing services to the SPCA
- Lending a hand for clean-up of White Rock Lake through For the Love of the Lake
- Tutoring younger students weekly during recess hours
- Supporting the North Texas Food Bank
National Junior Honor Society Requirements:
- The students must maintain an average of 94 or above.
- Seventh graders are required to have twenty-five service hours. Eighth graders must have ten service hours related to NJHS in addition to thirty service hours for graduation.
- Students must also maintain a Satisfactory grade or better in conduct.