As Christian adults, we have a moral and legal responsibility and are entrusted by God with the spiritual, emotional, and physical well-being of minors and vulnerable adults. As they participate in activities within or sponsored by our School and Diocese, it is our responsibility and commitment to providing a safe and nurturing environment.
All parents who wish to visit the school during school hours or volunteer are required to complete the St. Thomas Aquinas Safe Environment Program and recertify annually. Parents must wear their volunteer badge while on campus volunteering in any capacity during, before, and after school hours. Thank you to all parents for working together to keep a safe environment for our children.
Monday, August 27th at 7:15pm
Monday, October 15th at 7:15pm
Saturday, November 17th at 10am
Saturday, December 8th at 10am
All classes are in St. Joseph Room located in the Church next to St. Anne Hall.
To become a “cleared” volunteer within St. Thomas Aquinas Parish, adults must meet each of the following requirements:
- Complete the online Safe Environment Screening Form.
- Read the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Manual, the Diocese of Dallas Sexual Misconduct Policy, and the Diocese of Dallas Social Media Policy.
- Attend the Recognizing, Responding and Reporting training session. Sessions are listed in the bulletin every Sunday.
- Get an ID badge. Following the Recognizing, Responding and Reporting training session, applicants will have a 10-15 minute personal interview and picture taken. The Safe Environment Director will mail badge to the applicant once the references respond and a criminal background check is complete.
To remain Safe Environment cleared under the Diocesan Safe Environment Program, all cleared volunteers (including staff members, volunteers, and others) must annually update their Safe Environment training. Training must be updated within one year, plus any days till the end of the month that marks the one year anniversary of their last Safe Environment training.
To update training online:
The Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Database (SED) allows you to maintain your cleared status without leaving your home and on your own schedule. You do not need to download, print or send in any documentation to the church office. Once completed, the SED program will automatically notify the church safe environment office that your training has been updated.
- Access the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Database here.
Follow the directions to log on to your record: Type your first and last name and street address, then click search. Your name and address must exactly match the way this information is stored in the database to access your record. If you are unable to access your record, it is likely that this information is entered differently or you mistyped the information. Please try again using likely alternatives. If you still cannot access your record, please contact the Safety Director, Gina Rangel, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once in the system, you may change your information as needed.
- Then, click on “update information and continue” at the bottom of the screen.
- This new page contains a listing of all the Safe Environment classes you have taken.
- Immediately under the “Welcome Your Name” banner, you will find a choice to “View all Online Courses.” Click on that.
Clicking on a listed online course will log you into the course immediately. Please note that the Diocese will no longer accept as update training a program that an individual has repeatedly completed. Select a different training program from your last submitted update training. Programs used consecutively WILL NOT be accepted. If you have a current email address in the database, you will receive a confirmation email from the Diocese once you have completed your update training.
To update training at a live session:
Volunteers may also attend live Safe Environment training sessions offered throughout the Diocese. Please fax, mail, or deliver the training certificate to the Parish office.