Athletics Policies and Forms
STA Athletics Handbook
The following policies and procedures are part of the St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School Parent Student Handbook. All policies have been approved by STA administration.
Students participating in STA athletics must do the following:
1. Register for your sport through Parents Portal/Renweb before the deadline.
Register by logging into the Parents Portal at the top of this page and click on Renweb/Web Forms. Fees will be handled through the STA FACTS - Incidental Billing program.
2. Complete the DPL Athletic Physical Form.
All student-athletes must have a annual physical before playing on a STA team. The physical form is a standard form from the DPL and can be downloaded below. The form must be completed a physician/PA and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Complete Impact Testing Instructions for 5th-8th grade student-athletes
We will be conducting baseline concussion testing on all students who plan to participate in DPL sports at St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School. Due to COVID-19, we will need ALL STUDENTS participating in STA Athletics beginning in the fall of 2021 to take a baseline IMPACT Test, regardless of whether or not you have taken a baseline test previously.
This baseline test can be taken at home and is best done in the morning, in a quiet room with no other distractions (no cell phones, TV, Video games, etc.). We ask that a parent/adult be present to supervise the athlete while testing, but not aid them in the test-taking.
Following are the instructions for the testing:
- Log in to the following website:
- Enter our STA Code: 601107086E
- Click "Launch Baseline."
- Select the sport you are playing (football, volleyball, etc).
- Complete the test in a quiet room.
- Print the results in order for your information to be saved into the database.
- Keep the printout for your records.
Deadline for testing is Sunday, August 15th.
*Note – if a student-athlete has received a concussion and has not been cleared to play, he/she will not be able to take the baseline test until he/she is cleared to play!
4. Pass all classes in order to participate in athletics per STA and DPL policies.
Volunteer coaches are an important part of our athletic program. Parents are encouraged to help our 5th grade and Junior Varsity sports in a coaching capacity. Please contact the Athletic Director if you are interested in coaching.
Parents are also encouraged to fill out the Coaching Evaluation Form after every season.