COVID Procedures & Protocols
SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19Symptoms are ANY of the following, unless they have been diagnosed by a physician as symptoms of a non-COVID-19 related illness:
- Fever (100 degreeF or higher) or chills
- Congestion or runny nose
- Sore throat
- Muscle or body aches
- Nausea or vomiting
This list may not include all possible symptoms. Visit the CDC website for updates as more is learned about COVID-19.
An individual is deemed CONTAGIOUS starting 2 days before their symptom onset. If a case is asymptomatic, the timeframe of contagiousness starts from 2 days prior to date of test.
PLEASE NOTE: The details on this page are subject to change as directives are provided by governing authorities and/or health officials or as environmental conditions change. Please check back frequently for the latest accurate information.
STA is no longer notifying classes of COVID positive cases by email. Please check the COVID-19 dashboard for updated COVID numbers by campus.
STA Protocols for Determining Isolation and Quarantine
If You Test Positive for COVID-19 (Isolate)
Everyone, regardless of vaccination status.
- Contact the nurse.
- Stay home for 5 days after symptoms begin or if symptom free, from date of positive test.
- If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 5 days, you may come to school.
If you have a fever, continue to stay home until you are fever-free without the use of medication for 24 hours.
- My child has symptoms of COVID-19 but has not been tested.
- My child has tested positive for COVID-19 (with or without symptoms).
- My child had COVID-19 symptoms, but the pediatrician diagnosed my child with another illness and not COVID-19.
- My child has an underlying medical condition that puts them in the special risk categories for COVID-19.
My child has symptoms of COVID-19 but has not been tested.
My child has tested positive for COVID-19 (with or without symptoms).
My child had COVID-19 symptoms, but the pediatrician diagnosed my child with another illness and not COVID-19.
My child has an underlying medical condition that puts them in the special risk categories for COVID-19.
Lower School Nurse
214-826-0566, ext. 4336
HEALTH CLINIC HOURS
8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Medical Forms and Instructions
Per Diocesan policy, notes from the doctor/dentist office are required to return to school from an appointment.